INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies and similar technologies such as local shared objects, flash cookies and pixels are tools used by web servers to store and retrieve information about their visitors, as well as to ensure the website functions properly.
The use of these devices allows the web server to store certain information on users, such as their preferences for viewing the pages on this server, username and password, and products they are most interested in.
COOKIES AFFECTED BY THE REGULATIONS AND COOKIES THAT ARE EXEMPT
In accordance with the EU Directive, the cookies that require the informed consent of users are analytics cookies and cookies from advertisers and affiliates, while those of a technical nature and those required to ensure that the website functions properly or to provide a service expressly requested by users are exempt.
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES ARE THERE?
Cookies can be grouped into five broad categories:
- Analytics cookies: these are used to collect information on website usage.
- Social media cookies: these are required for external social networks.
- Affiliate cookies: these are used to track visits from other websites with which the website has established an affiliation contract (affiliate companies).
- Advertising and behavioural cookies: these are used to collect information on the personal preferences and choices of users (retargeting).
- Technical and functional cookies: these are cookies that are strictly necessary for the use of the website and to provide the requested service.
COOKIES USED ON THIS WEBSITE
- PREF: The use of location services such as Google Maps involves the installation of these cookies: 2 years
- APISID: These are used to store users’ preferences during their browsing activity: 2 years
- SAPISID: 2 years
- SSID: These are also used by Google to measure the number of Google Maps users: 2 years
- Khcookie: Session
- Testcookie: 6 months
- NID: These are used to make advertising more engaging: 6 months
- HSID, SID: These are used to provide security mechanisms that prevent unauthorized access to user access data and the information users enter in contact forms: 2 years
- CONSENT: Google Maps cookie used for operation of the Google map on the contact page.
- cfduid: This is set by the CloudFlare service to identify trusted web traffic. It does not correspond to any user ID in the web application, nor does it store any personally identifiable information. https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200170156-What-does-the-CloudFlare-cfduid-cookie-do- (Expires after 5 months).
- CAKEPHP: Cookie used by the website to identify a session.
For more information on Google cookies, click the following link: https://policies.google.com/technologies/types?hl=en-GB
Withdrawal of consent to install cookies
How to delete cookies from your browser
1. Go to the Chrome menu.
2. Click “Settings”.
3. Click “Advanced”.
4. In the “Privacy” section, click the “Content settings” button.
5. To delete cookies: In the “Cookies” section, click “All cookies and site data”.
6. Do not allow cookies to be stored.
7. Click “Clear browsing data” (clear cache).
8. Shut down and restart the browser.
For more information on Chrome, click here: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
Internet Explorer version 11
1. Select Tools | Internet Options.
2. Click the “General” tab.
3. In the “Browsing history” section, click “Delete browsing history on exit”.
4. Select “Delete files”.
5. Select “Delete cookies”.
6. Click “Delete”.
7. Click “OK”.
8. Shut down and restart the browser.
For more information on Internet Explorer, click here:
Firefox version 18
1. Select Firefox | History | Clear recent history.
2. Click the down arrow next to “Details”.
3. Check the following boxes: “Cookies”, “Cache”, “Active Logins”.
4. Set the “Time range to clear” option in the dropdown menu to “Everything”.
5. Click “Clear now”.
6. Shut down and restart the browser.
You can accept or reject cookies individually in Firefox preferences in the History section available at Tools > Options > Privacy.
For more information on Mozilla Firefox, click here:
Safari version 5.1
1. Select the Safari icon / Edit | Reset Safari.
2. Check the following boxes: “Clear history”, “Remove all website data”.
3. Click “Reset”.
4. Shut down and restart the browser.
For more information on Safari, click here:
Options - Advanced - Cookies.
The cookie options control the way Opera manages them and therefore whether they are accepted or rejected. For more information on Opera, click here:
Please consult your browser documentation.